Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Your Love: Nicki Minaj's Fashion Review!

I've been wanting to do a review of Nicki Minaj's video "Your Love"'s fashion and after some (long) research, I am finally able to bring it to you!! First of all, let me say that that song is one of the hottest songs of this summer and Miss Minaj chose the RIGHT video to be her first.

The video features eastern inspired looks (from the geisha look to the samourai outfits) and it tells the story of that student who's in love with her sensei (teacher). I'm not gonna detail the video here since we're here to talk about her fashion.
First, you have to know she was working with Niki Schwan and Adrien Field as her stylists; Terrance Davidson as hairstylist and Buddhaflyy for the make up.

On her first look, she's wearing this jacket from Lloyd Klein and the belt is from Frederick's of Hollywood. For the accesories, her stylists decided to keep it simple and kind of discrete yet eye-catching with that necklace and that single glove both from Philippe Audibert.

The second look is the geisha look. Silk. Silk. Silk. The stylists picked a red and blue pattern to go with the silky blue background. The bodysuit is custom made by Marco Morante of Marco Marco.

The earrings are Lace by Tanaya and the nails are from PRB PR. I love the look! It's my favorite. It's not easy to rock the geisha look, many have tried but a few have succeeded, I think she pulled it out greatly.

The japanese kimono and obi belt are from Vintage and the gold necklace and bangle are both from PRB PR. I liked that look, it would have been better if we had a behind-shot of the look to see if the japanese look was complete with the famous way of making the obi tie like in the picture below

But it's ok, she still looks hot and the kimono had a really nice pattern.


The final look is the samourai with that outfit which was custom made by Marco Morante of Marco Marco. The mask looks amazingly good, especially with that premium eye make-up she has on; the shoulders pads have that something from the ancient samourai outfits but the diamonds give it that more glamour look.


There you go! :D Actually, I'm really happy I did this post cause I've been wanting to do it since the video came out but it took me some time to gather all the info about the looks so I could make a proper review of it! As I said, I'm in love with the song and more in love with the video but one thing that disappointed me is that she could have gone harder on the make-up part; I mean, she is dressed up as a geisha so take the look at its furthest and rock the make-up that goes with it, I don't think it would have been too much.
But overall, I think the video is well done, the fashion is okay (i like how she wasn't scared to try different things and especially how she was more focused on the originality of the clothes than the brand) and the song is really good!

The Commanders are OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment